Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Day

Well yesterday was the Snow day that seemed to never end. Craig apparently was so excited he started looking out the window at 4:30am. Not that it surprises any of you though. I was up at 8 and Craig had already been outside since before 7. He and Our neighbours were busy clearing out our street. Craig was up and down the sidewalks both sides the others were cleaning out the driveways and parts of the street. Emily was outside by I think 9:00 or so. Funny how she is never this excited to get out on a regular school day. She and her friends were digging and sliding building snow forts and Em made somewhat of a snowman heap. With a Carrot nose that one of the other kids ate on her. She was all bundled up but when she came in almost 2 hours later was she cold. Why is it that kids never know when enough is enough. Her pour foot was so cold she didn't even know it was wet. I had to help her warm it up with my sweater. Once her body was warm and her coat dry off she went again outside, but this time just for 1 hour. I decided that there was far to much snow for me so I stayed in all day. Oh was it nice.

This morning I was not so lucky.... Time for school, well we ventured out and got as far up the street(cause Craig cleared all that snow) and just around the corner. And after that it was a foot path only. The snowplows had banked the snow on all corners making it difficult to even climb over never mind with a buggy. So my friend Jen took Madelyn back home and I continued my venture with the kids to the school. For my lunch time JK pickup I was lucky enough to have Gramma Sharon and Grampa Ted come and visit with Madelyn so I didn't have to worry about the buggy. After school Jen and I went off together again, this time Madelyn and I were on the road and Jen walked with the little ones on the sidewalk. We made it to the school and back with not to much difficulty but man what a workout.

We rested back at the house and the kids enjoyed the snow some more. We were outside for about half and hour and Madelyn was fed up with her buggy so I took her out and held her. Which didn't last long because she is so heavy. When I first put her in the snow she really didn't know what to do. Before you know it she was crawling around try to hit the snow and then the next thing I knew she was laying down face first when I picked her up she had a huge smile. Her little face(just her eyes and part of her nose were visible) was covered in snow. She was waving her arms it was so cute. So I guess having this snowstorm was a good thing for Madelyn anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember our first big snowfall this year( on Halloween of course!) Our kids were so outside and playing in it and having a ball, somehow that wore off! I can barely get them to go outside anymore! They are so sick of snow and cold!!!I am just like you Carrie, let me stay inside with a hot cup of tea!!! Where in the hell is that groundhog!hahaha! just feeling a wee bit anxious! love Kryt

Anonymous said...

I loved the storm, I'm a lot like Craig but I didn't get up at 4:30am to check on it. I was constantly looking out the window before I went to bed and was pleasantly shocked at how much we got when I woke up in the morning.

Kerri