Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's Official...




Well I did it, I am no longer an employee of Wal-Mart. After working there for nearly 8 years it was kinda hard to quit. I had mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong I am so happy to be able to work from home and raise my kids while looking after other peoples children. I have only ever really worked at two places McDonald's for 6 years and Wal-Mart. So to let go of that was a little scary. I will definitely miss my friends at work. I will also miss going to the Wal-Mart sale. Which is so awesome you can get such great deals, but only for employees. I started working at Wal-Mart in April of 1999 Emily was just 9 months old. My friends have watched her grow. And she looks for them whenever we are in the store. This is really the only place Emily knows me to work.

I will not miss the customers and their BS, not all were bad though.

I will not miss having to get up early to be to work for 7 am. I will not miss Greeting at the door, that has to be one of the stupidest things to do. I will not miss Layaway at Christmas. Or the phone ringing off the hook when I was on switchboard. I will not miss customers trying to return gross things when I was on the Courtesy Desk. I will not miss working till 10pm trying to help the other departments even though they didn't want to help us. There so much stuff you have to put up with when you are working. Now that I am staying home to work I will get to be my own boss. Well I guess I will go hang up my bright blue smock.

3 comments:

WowoJeans said...

A big step for you Care! It is never easy to make big decisions in life and you made the best one for your entire family. Welcome back to just shopping from a flyer like the rest of us, hehee!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are able to stay home now Carrie, if anyone deserves it, you do! You've worked hard since Em was a baby and now you are blessed to be in such a stable environment and can have the option to stay home to raise Madelyn and be there for Em when schools over. Enjoy but remember to get out lot's still, now with the other stay at home Mom's, there is actually still a few of us out there!Kryt

Anonymous said...

Well I was going to say "Congratulations" to you Carrie, but somehow I think the real "Congratulations" should go out to the girls. It's a total WIN - WIN situation for them since they get to have their mommy with them during the day and on their very busy weekends!
I also took children in for many years when the boys were little, and it can be very, very rewarding to play a part in the growth process of other children as well as your own. To this day I still have a fine young man (27yrs. old now) who stops in for a coffee every once in awhile so he can update me on what is going on in his life. Not all days are spectacular my dear, but you can be assured that they will leave you with hilarious stories to tell for years to come.
I want you to know, that I for one, could not be any more proud of the incredible efforts you give to your family. It's always hard to move on but remember honey ............. this time you have 3 incredible sets of hands holding tightly to yours. Craig, Emily and Madelyn could not be any prouder!!
Love Aunt Cher