Monday, January 29, 2007

Emily


Wow it is so hard to believe that this year Emily will be 9 years old. She has grown so fast. I definitely didn't think it would go this quickly. I know that she is a bright, funny and beautiful girl. But today when one of her friends Mom's told me "You've got a good kid, and I'm sure she will go far in her life." I can't tell you how good that made me feel. To know that other people -- outsiders not family think this highly of her as well. Her teacher has had Emily stay in for recess to help out so many times. I think the other kids are getting jealous. The teacher has to now draw names to see who gets to stay inside.
Emily is such a helpful girl when it comes to her sister she is always willing to help feed her, and she has even offered to change a stinky bum a few times.
Emily is an active girl. She is involved in the school choir, highland dancing, brownies, swimming and new this year to gymnastics. She loves to be outdoors and having family games night has become a must in our house.
Her new thing is whenever her big cousin Josh happens to be on messenger she just has to try and chat with him. I'm sure he just loves this. Her speed and accuracy is not very good, but that's OK cause he doesn't seem to mind. As he and her still have their own special bond. Whenever there is a Family thing the first thing she asks " Is Josh coming?".
She was born "Everybody's Girl" and I'm sure some how she knew this right from the start because although she is my baby she definitely is Everybody's Girl.

5 comments:

WowoJeans said...

My life is richer for having this girl in it... she is a JOY Carrie and you should be proud of her, as I know you are. Everyone in my house has a special place in our hearts for Em, including Mike:) I only imagine having a great friendship with her as she gets older (I love being the cool aunt,lol)

Anonymous said...

Emily has a beautiful spirit and people want to be around her because you raised her that way. She is just like you!

Kerri
One of Emily's many "Everybody's" :)

Aunt Cher said...

Emily couldn't have made her way into my life at a better time. She is just a ray of sunshine and any room lights up when she enters it!! Her smile is infectious I have already enjoyed a few outings with her on my own, the circus being one of my most memorable. Emily is such a well rounded little girl who impresses complete strangers no matter where she goes. Her level of maturity and understanding constantly amazes me. I beamed with pride when both Emily and baby Madelyn joined me for my survivor lap in the cancer walk last year. To say that they help motivate me would be an understatement. I am glad that they are a special part of my life and hold a very special place in my heart.

Auntie Cher

Anne said...

My Emzee is one of the rays of sunshine that light up my life. I love all of my grandchildren and I don't really have favorites, but Josh & Em are my special kids. They are very different but they both inspire me as a grandma. I'm so greatful to have a part in her life and I want to help to make her a wonderful woman, just like you.

Love mom or should I say mamma

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I adore this girl... I may only see her once in a couple of years but she still gives her Auntie Krystal hugs and kisses and curls up with me just as if I'm always there!! She also has a special place in her Uncle Troy's heart...recalling when she visited at the age of 5 mths, Troy had so much fun with her, she helped lead the way to our having Areal!!!I think she made Troy see that babies are fun!!Love you Em, Auntie Kryt xo